Friday, May 2, 2008

My Happy Place

I just visited my handy Kauai Web Cam linked at the bottom of this page and noticed that at this moment, it's just as windy on Kauai as it is here. Mind you, their wind is not blowing yesterday's snow across the yard like it is here, and I didn't see any Sanolets on the brink of blowing over like the wind is doing at my house. I also didn't see any boards (which are meant to cover gaping, gigantic construction holes)almost taking flight...causing who knows what kind of damage to the neighbors' windows...

But if I close my eyes, and listen to my wind blowing outside, and then open my eyes just enough to see the palm trees blowing in their wind on my computer screen, I can pretend that my screen is actually my 5-star hotel balcony window and I'm nursing my new sunburn while sipping a strawberry daquiri....

What a long week it's been. Love that Kauai web cam.

2 comments:

mgr said...

Ach, yeah, I should have closed my eyes as I battled the wind on the way to the bus stop on my bicycle this morning. It was warm and humid enough here today to have nearly completed the illusion - even the rush of cars passing at 65mph past mimicked the sound of crashing waves. All that was missing was the smell of salt air.

But then again it's kinda dumb to close your eyes while you're riding your bike.

mgr said...

passing at 65mph past?

oy