Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back To School

The girls were ready to go back to school after a fun-filled summer. Sophie and Julia got the teachers they both wanted. And it turns out Emma's former fifth grade teacher got the social studies job at her middle school so she'll have him again! That was quite a welcome surprise!
Familiar faces always make the year a little easier--especially starting a new school!

I'm not sure why I always insist on taking pictures every year on the first day of school...just hoping to freeze time so it doesn't continue to bulldoze over me, I guess! This morning they all hopped right out of bed, happy & excited. I think that shows in the pictures...the only thing that doesn't show is the sentimental melancholy of the old gal behind the camera.
Or maybe it does show...




Julia found her friend, Anja, in the crowd


Emma took the bus today so no, I didn't stand and cry and snap photos in front of the middle school. I'm learning my new 'tween limits. But she actually did request a hug in the car...before it left the garage. And so it begins.
Sigh.

1 comment:

j-anne said...

Good outfits for the first (hot) day!

The picture of Sophie holding Julia's hand brought tears to My eyes.

Cheers for a good school year1