We decided on an Amazing Birthday Race party (like our favorite Amazing Race tv show). I made a treasure hunt with clues all over the house and neighborhood and the girls had to do challenges (hula hooping, searching for hidden pennies etc) to get some of the clues. They got to run around outside in dark, goof around, and get a prize at the end. Sounded about right to me for 12 year olds! Then they ate pizza, red velvet cupcakes & S'mores & watched Fantastic Mr. Fox. They all seemed to have a good time...and I did too (shhh--don't tell the 'tweens!)
Sunday, December 19, 2010
And more parties...
We also just had Emma's 12th birthday party with her friends this weekend. We thought and thought about what party activities to do so that it would be not all the way lame...and maybe even a little cool. Quite a challenge!
We decided on an Amazing Birthday Race party (like our favorite Amazing Race tv show). I made a treasure hunt with clues all over the house and neighborhood and the girls had to do challenges (hula hooping, searching for hidden pennies etc) to get some of the clues. They got to run around outside in dark, goof around, and get a prize at the end. Sounded about right to me for 12 year olds! Then they ate pizza, red velvet cupcakes & S'mores & watched Fantastic Mr. Fox. They all seemed to have a good time...and I did too (shhh--don't tell the 'tweens!)



We decided on an Amazing Birthday Race party (like our favorite Amazing Race tv show). I made a treasure hunt with clues all over the house and neighborhood and the girls had to do challenges (hula hooping, searching for hidden pennies etc) to get some of the clues. They got to run around outside in dark, goof around, and get a prize at the end. Sounded about right to me for 12 year olds! Then they ate pizza, red velvet cupcakes & S'mores & watched Fantastic Mr. Fox. They all seemed to have a good time...and I did too (shhh--don't tell the 'tweens!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
sounds like fun! and i love that movie.
Post a Comment