Thursday, June 7, 2012

rug

Is this rug too busy for my kitchen? 

It's pathetic, I know, but I've loved this rug from afar for THE longest time. Who pines for a rug, for pete's sake?! But, it has tiny cows and mini houses and adorable willow trees and picket fences.  Love it!

I think my admiration of this rug stems from my childhood when Karen and I would drive our matchbox cars...complete with tiny rock people inside...around an oriental rug of my mom's, and park them in front of the two oriental houses on one end of the rug, and play house. With our rocks.  We didn't grow up in the sticks or anything, we had fancier toys.  We just enjoyed tiny rock people, and driving little cars around and around abstract oriental houses...for hours. 

Anyway, now that I have a job, I splurged and got the rug of my dreams only to roll it out & think to myself...pattern overload...interior design faux pas #29.  But it does lend itself to the country kitchen design I tend to enjoy, so maybe I'll just let the dog splooge on it for awhile & see if it grows on me (the rug, not the splooge).  I'd hate to send it back after all the longing I've done for it over the years!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it. Keep it.

kroughto said...

I love it, too. I wonder if you think it's too much just because it's the focal point. Like if it were under a table or something it might be less obvious. But I love it and I don't think it's too much--it ties in nicely with all the colors in there already (counters, especially). I vote you keep it. And let's get you some matchbox cars--I'll totally come play on it with you. :)

Suzette said...

Very very lovely - keep it. Not too busy

mgr said...

I'll bring the rocks! (I vote LOVE and KEEP too.)

sroughto said...

Looks great. You're just not used to it being there. I've been "pining" for the Stickley Monterrey Mist and Prairie rugs.

Beachse said...

My vote - from afar - is keep it! Looks good, like the colors and hopefully I will get to see it this fall :)