This all started because Julia hinted that she does not enjoy pink. Her hints included subtle things like walking around in a store and slapping and scoffing at just about every piece of pink clothing we pass, and refusing to wear almost anything pink from her closet. Since I'm one of those Supermoms...in tune with all my childrens' behavior cues...I caught on right away.
I'm not sure when this aversion for pink came about. Maybe it's because when she was a baby, her nursery was blue but as she got older and girlier, I changed it to Mauvelous Mauve. Over time, she decided the mauve wasn't so mauvelous so out is goes...which is a bummer because I enjoyed the mauve. Now, blue is where it's at. Maybe the nursery blue is stuck in her subconscience and has gnawed its way back to being her favorite again.
Anyway, Julia sifted through my decorator paint fan for a long time (yes, I have a decorator paint fan and I like it...a lot), and finally narrowed her blue choices down to five. We dug out her old comforter and compared all the swatches to it & she decided on a lovely shade of Swiss Blue...number 815. A good, calming choice if you're in the market for a fabluelous shade of blue (Emma told me to type that).
Anyway, I ran over to the paint store this morning, came home & got to work. Painting was the easy part...cleaning out the junior hoarder's room took way more time and energy. If anyone needs anything...I'm sure Julia had it in her room so just ask...I'm sure I can find it for you!!
Before:
(to be fair, I took this photo after I had shoved everything to the center of the room (and out in the hallway)to paint around it...yes...all the stuff nearly gave me a panic attack)
After:
yay!
(here's my tip for hanging kids' artwork...hang it on the ceiling! That way it won't fill every inch of wall space and they can lay on their bed and gaze up at all their masterpieces. I thought of that when Emma was little & I've done that in all my kids' rooms ever since!! Ceilings are boring anyway!!)
5 comments:
Looks super lovely!
Love it!
That is a great blue.
If I had my druthers, my bedroom would be blue too.
Maybe even #418.
Good choice, Julia!~
Whoops--let's try #415 and not try to make up ####s
oh my--815--Emma better come with me.
I'm a blue-kind-of-gal myself although I do enjoy an occasional (Barbie) pink. And red. And some purple. And green. Ok, but blue is up there at the top and love the picture of Julia and Sophie at the top of the room. Nice job mom and I may have to check-out that color fan or get me one!
Post a Comment