Emblazoned will forever be emblazoned in Julia's memory...that is the mighty word that knocked her out of today's school Spelling Bee at a respectable 5th place. She did a great job & had some hearty words to reckon with...she got a lot farther than I would have!!! I would have been out at obsidian which she spelled correctly a few words earlier. Great Job Julia!!!
5 comments:
Bravo, Julia!!
Heh, yeah, those are the ones you never forget. I missed "laconism" about 40 years ago. (But I have to laugh - as I'm typing this my computer is putting a red squiggly under that word. I'm still smarter than my computer, ha ha-ha ha HA ha.)
Good job, Julia! :)
epidermis for me
I even remember that I spelled it "eperdermous" because of the way the teacher pronounced it! Oh the trauma!
Those pronouncers do lead spellers astray.
Post a Comment