Monday, September 7, 2009

Clark Apple

This afternoon I was out inspecting the garden, mumbling about why none of our huge tomatoes are red yet. I lifted up one branch and noticed the tell-tale signs of tomato worm droppings. Sure enough, on a branch above the poo, there was this big tomato worm trying to act invisible.

Back in the day, that find would have earned me a shiny new dime from my dad...followed by a trip to the sidewalk where he would meet his demise under the weight of a patio stone. But today, this little guy...(lovingly named 'Clark Apple' by his three newly annointed mothers)...was showered with back massages and safely deposited into a terrarium filled with cut tomato plants which he is devouring happily. Sophie even painted Clark some pictures to put next to his new home while Julia took him out for a walk.

Okay...maybe by allowing all this pampering I'm trying to make amends for all of Clark's anscestors whose fate I helped seal. But hey, karma is karma!!
Welcome to the family, little buddy.

No comments: