Saturday, September 5, 2009

Labor Day

Not much laboring going on so far this weekend...just some errands and random stops along the way which included miniature golf, lunch at Chick-Fil-A, and shopping at an antique store. An antique mall, actually...one that I used to take Emma to on snowy days when she was a baby. It is huge and even has the same blueberry air freshener smell it always had...took me right back to pushing baby Emma in her stroller, browsing through boxes of old photographs and costume jewelry. The memory portion of my brain was a happy camper today!!!
We found this fabulous fuschia, sequined felt hat and just couldn't resist...especially since they were having a 30% off sale!!!

This evening, Bob took Emma (and her latest book) to the Rockies game so the little gals and I goofed around...I made them a tent/fort in the family room, walked the dog, and made banana-chocolate chip bread. They decided it would be fun to have their dinner on the tramp so I said "hey--what the heck--it's Labor Day..." so trampoline-picnic it was!! Do we know how to celebrate, or what?!?

Poor Julia's been sick all week--she even missed a day of school on Wednesday so we're off to bed early.
For a non-labor day, we sure had a lot to do!!

No comments: