Friday, February 4, 2011

Birthday Week

We don't have just a birthday at our house. We have a birthday WEEK!
This works a lot better for me than it does for say, Bob, because I know how to milk it a lot better than he does! heehee.

On my actual birthday day, it was about 17 below and snowy so Bob and I had the day off from work and the girls didn't have school but mostly we just got to hang around together and try to stay warm...which was lovely & I enjoyed it thoroughly but it wasn't a wild party or anything.

Bob decided that wasn't a very fun celebration so he played hookie today (temps got up into the 40's) and took us to lunch at our favorite mountain restaurant...The Happy Cooker in Georgetown...with a quick stop at the candy shop for some saltwater taffy and of course, a short graveyard hike. My favorite things!!
(Seriously...yes, I like a good graveyard but I'm not a morbid person, I just happen to enjoy the history in (mountain) graveyards and we like to imagine the lives of the folks therein. That they are slightly on the creepy side is an added bonus for me) : )



This is the gang on our way out after spotting some very large wildcat footprints in the snow...notice Julia's anti-mountain lion stick...poised and ready, just in case. Ghosts, I can handle...cougars, not so much.

1 comment:

mgr said...

Love the taffy shop picture!