Tonight is Emma's first middle school dance. A Valentine's Day Dance, no less.
All week there has been a swirl of excitement and texts and plans. It's been who is riding with whom, can we all meet early and get ready together, what am I wearing and remember no means no (ok that was my own contribution).
Well, Emma just received THE most earth-changing text ever from Megan. Apparently, not only did Josh K. invite Taylor to the dance but OMG, he is even going to ask her to go out with him!!!!!!!
Now, according to every bit of 'tween parenting advice I've read, I know I was supposed respond in some supportive way to keep the lines of 'tween communication open, but all I could manage to muster was "ew."
Update:
Emma just got home from the dance and it was a giant success. Her group of girls had a great time dancing & playing games & eating cotton candy. Josh did indeed ask Taylor out at the very end of the night to which she replied "I'm not allowed to date."
That's probably for the best.
Note to self-encourage Emma to stay friends with Taylor-her parents sound like good folk.
No comments:
Post a Comment