No, this is not a "goodbye cruel world" post, it's more like a giant, life-sized sigh.
I've lived a rather exciting life actually, but if you look at the photographic evidence boxed up in our house, you'd never know it! Being the official family photographer, I rarely get photographed. Unless you count group shots (in which I have set the timer on the camera, precariously perched it on a log or rock or park bench and then frantically run into the left or right side of the frame).
I've been to Mount Rushmore and Plymouth Rock. Disneyland and Disneyworld? Check and check. I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral and strolled through the gardens of Versailles. I've kissed a dolphin and swung on tree vines in Jamaica. I've rocked three babies to sleep, read them countless books, tickled their tummies and toes and held their hands as they took their first steps.
Honest, I have. But you'll just have to take my word for it.
Anyway, in doing some Saturday cleaning, I did come across a few glimpses into my past. Proof that yes indeed, I was here.
(Me swimming with sting rays on Grand Cayman in the Caribbean. I'm the one down in front...waving)
(Me posing on the handlebars of my newlywed husband's bike--biking down Mt. Haleakala--a dormant volcano on Maui.)
(Me snuggling with my babes-my favorite)
2 comments:
I was thinking-I should have kept a journal of my life with kids growing up because my memory has a Lot of gaps. I hope the kids remember the good times.
I love this.
Post a Comment