Sunday, November 27, 2011

I need a little christmas!


For Christmas, I got myself the one thing that was on my wish/hit list last year but was never in stock. I wrote to corporate. I wrote to the manufacturer. No one cared. But this year it was in stock, baby, and I swooped it up. It's a giant, spinning, pre-lit Christmas tree. So American. So Christmas. So obnoxious. So me! And sooooo what I need right now.

I blame Bob for putting the Las Vegas Tree idea in my head. He has wonderful childhood memories of his Grandparent's real tree, flocked white and spinning on a homemade rotating tree stand. His Grandpa was very resourceful. Bob said he even had present-opening timed according to the spins of the tree after dinner. I think he said it was 7 rotations between dinner and gifts. Greedy boy.

All my glittery ornaments sparkle with Christmas cheer as they slowly pass by over...and over...and over again. Magical. If it didn't take up a third of my living room, I might consider leaving it up all year. Then again, it's the anticipation that makes Christmas great, isn't it?!? Ho Ho Ho!



cue the choir of angels...............

4 comments:

Sandi said...

Lovely :)

Hey! My verification word is pants! Awesome!

mgr said...

Hmm...a revolving tree stand, homemade when Bob was a boy, would likely have involved a record turntable spinning at 33-1/3 revolutions per minute; by my calculation seven rotations would have taken approximately 12.6 seconds. (I can envision several other options, mostly involving tethered donkeys and carrots tied to sticks, but the math gets fuzzier with those.)

Anonymous said...

lots of lights--great!
Good thing there's no angel on top--she would get
dizzzzzy.
Looks beautiful!

Annie said...

I don't remember seeing any donkeys in the old photos but maybe they were out to pasture at picture time. haha