Saturday, June 7, 2008

SD Oddities

Ok, so not everything in South Dakota is patriotic...or normal. After the farm, we stopped by "Cosmos Mystery Area." A couple of cabins in a wooded area founded by, who else, a couple of college students looking for a place to build a cabin...undoubtedly after a few too many...if you know what I mean. Supposedly, they noticed a strange force around them as they built their cabin & decided they should share the phenomenon with the rest of the world...translate: tourists from hither and yon...
They take you on a tour of this cabin which is somehow built on an angle to make you feel like you are standing sideways--still can't quite figure out how they do it but it is a freaky feeling and you do end up leaning--almost to the point of falling most times. In this family photo, we are standing on a level board (as proved by a tennis ball not rolling off)--

I'm not sure if pictures explain it--it was too weird and the girls were utterly shocked and amazed--I'm still scratching my head to figure out all the angles they built the thing on to make us all so freaked out...black magic, I tell ya'!

Emma's chair did not fall forward when the guy let go...

Supermom

No comments: