Thursday, July 24, 2008

Buzz Kill

...selfish, ungracious, rude, razzle frazzle....grrrrr.

The head of Bob's conference left him a message today asking if he would consider switching hotels for the San Diego conference to a hotel 1/2 mile away...with a shuttle. Seems that a big-wig needs to attend the conference and needs to be at the conference hotel. The hotel is completely booked & to make that happen means bumping someone out of their room.
Never mind that it's 3 days before the conference.
So dear Bob called her back and reminded her that I was coming, (she encouraged that back in March when they were planning the conference trip) and told her that he'd be more comfortable if I didn't have to shuttle around alone (not to mention my spa appointment and the thrill of the close proximity to the mall). So she said she'd try to ask the other man attending if he'd switch. She just called back and said that luckily, the other man "was gracious enough to give up his room" so that Bob didn't have to.
Can you say 'passive-aggressive?'
Sorry--this is our (my) first grown up vacation since 1997 and we're (I'm) willing to be the non-gracious, selfish, keepin'-our-own-room-at-the-fancy-hotel guys...and I'm trying my best not to feel guilty about it!!

No comments: