I had a job interview with the Sheriff's Department this week and yesterday I received a letter in the mail telling me that I received a passing score on my oral board interview. Woohoo!
But, wait. That does not mean I have the job! First I have to fill out the 16 page background information packet included with my letter. If you are reading this, your name will undoubtedly be listed on my form. Sorry. Then, they say, successful candidates will be required to pass the following components in the selection process: personal history & security clearance, integrity interview, background investigation, polygraph, psychological evaluation (depending on position) and medical examination.
Um, all this for a part time typing job? Wow. I'd hate to see what applicants for the FBI or Homeland Security have to go through.
Oh well. Guess I'll give it a go & start wading through my background packet...I know what I'll be doing this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment