It was a cold and dreary day today. A perfect day for some crock-pot comfort food. So...for the first time in my life, I made a pot roast. It was weird for me. Bob and I have a running "joke" wherein I say "Listen, I'm not your 1950's housewife" whenever things start to get a little...shall we say...domestically out-of-balance around here for me.
When I approached the meat aisle at the store today, there was practically a sunbeam shining down on the majestic slab of beef. So I went for it. I totally felt like Laura Petrie buying the thing, June Cleaver making it, and Lucille Ball eating it. But oh well, it was delicious...and only about $12 to make a meal for a family of 5. Those 1950's housewives knew what they were doing...and they did it without the joy of a crock pot! They had way more domestic gumption than I ever will...but they can keep their aprons & pearls--that's where I draw the line!!
6 comments:
It's almost like roasts and crock pots were made for each other. Isn't it delicious?
I've only cooked a roast in an oven once. And actually my mom was cooking it. And her and my dad went to run errands, so she asked me to turn off the oven at a certain time. But then something good came on tv, and by the time they came home, the roast was about 5 times smaller than it was supposed to be... Luckily they thought it was hilarious.
Looks mighty yummy!
Hey--I have a small crockpot--maybe I could try that
sometime--or not.
It was superduper easy. And the delicious smell made it easy to remember it was cooking in there!!! : )
I think you should have thrown the pineapple in.
that was on the side...with peach jello
Post a Comment