Friday, March 7, 2008

I Quit

Yep. I actually did it. I quit my night job the other night. I saw my manager alone in her office so I went in and sat down (even before I took my coat off) and told her that the new 7-11 hours just aren't working for my family and made up a story about having another job just for good measure.

She tried her best to talk me out of it.

She even said that they could just not schedule me anymore but keep me as an employee in case the 'other job' doesn't work out. In fact, I could have stayed in job limbo for up to 90 days before I'd have to reapply, but I held firm and told her my projected last day would be the 21st. Then she asked sheepishly if I could please work on the 22nd--the night before Easter--a humungous sale night because of Easter dresses etc. I said 'ok' because I felt pretty bad about all the groveling that was going on.

Later that night, she called me over and gave me a piece of flair to put on my name badge that said 'reward' and said it's to thank me and everyone for working with management to change our schedules & staying late & stuff.

But even the flair won't make me stay.

No comments: