He also installed scary looking steel supports, I'm assuming to hold up the foundation when they start drilling in the piers. They look a lot scarier in person than they do in these photos. He's back now banging around so I'll go down after he leaves to see what all this new noise is about. I'm thinking more supports...Tomorrow they're supposed to be jackhammering our front walk cement--think I'll take the girls to the zoo...
Monday, March 17, 2008
ok-that's loud
So finally they started repairs on our house this morning. It's only been one guy the whole day--the foreman--but man is he making lots of noise. Cutting wood, drilling holes, banging metal etc. etc. He came (1 hr 15 mins late because of this morning's snow) at 9:15 & changed our basement doorknob into a deadbolt & then headed downstairs to make the opening in our window. Apparently, it's going to be the same size as the window is but now it's a plywood door on hinges--locked from the outside. I sneaked down when he went to lunch & noticed that there is a draft coming in around that which I may address with them if it's not fixed later.
He also installed scary looking steel supports, I'm assuming to hold up the foundation when they start drilling in the piers. They look a lot scarier in person than they do in these photos. He's back now banging around so I'll go down after he leaves to see what all this new noise is about. I'm thinking more supports...Tomorrow they're supposed to be jackhammering our front walk cement--think I'll take the girls to the zoo...


He also installed scary looking steel supports, I'm assuming to hold up the foundation when they start drilling in the piers. They look a lot scarier in person than they do in these photos. He's back now banging around so I'll go down after he leaves to see what all this new noise is about. I'm thinking more supports...Tomorrow they're supposed to be jackhammering our front walk cement--think I'll take the girls to the zoo...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment