Friday, August 19, 2011

aw shoot

Tonight I opened my fridge to get the stuff out to make our dinner. When I opened the door, a brown chunk of ice fell out on the floor. "Who made a something popsicle and let it drop out of the freezer into the fridge?" I asked. You may not understand that sentence, but everyone at my house did. My children are known for freezing just about any liquid/yogurt/food colored water etc. to see how it turns out as a popsicle. Occasionally, said popsicle is precariously perched in the freezer so it falls out onto the floor or into the fridge. No one claimed that activity so I investigated further. The brown ice chunks were everywhere. On the shelves, the door, the milk carton and everywhere in between.

What the!

Turns out someone in my house changed the setting on my refrigerator. They turned it all the way to the coldest setting. I'm not naming any names but I have the usual suspects in mind...Ida Know, Not Me and Whadya Mean. Or maybe it was just an accident. Or maybe a poltergeist haunting. Who knows.
At any rate, I looked towards the back of the middle shelf and discovered this monstrosity:

This can of Diet Coke froze, expanded and then exploded...all over the fridge! Ew-what a mess.

Check your fridge settings, people. This is a free public service announcement so that you're not spending your valuable dinner-making time scraping brown glacial ice out of your fridge. Ugh!

1 comment:

Beachse said...

the usual suspects have been here before in CA but I believe we've (finally) expelled them - must be they headed over to CO~! Hope you get them out of your house faster than we did :)