A $750 purchase!
Who cares if they just cut my hours at work and I've sent out about 20 resumes and all I've heard are crickets. Sometimes you just have to splurge!
You're just dying to know, aren't you?!?
Ready?
Here it is--cue the fireworks--
Woohoo!
Isn't that shiny new little box on the side of that silver pipe THE most excellent little silver box you've ever seen?!
Looks like a pacemaker for the Tin Man...but it's not.
It sucks moisture out of the space below our basement floor which in turn prevents toxic mold from growing. It's replacing our old little silver box which turned brown and stunk and almost caught our house on fire.
I guess if you look at it that way, $750 doesn't sound so bad.
So why do I feel like barfing?!?
p.s.
(I nominate this post for THE most sarcastic post in the history of posting. I'd like to thank Brother's Plumbing and Heating for the inspiration...)
4 comments:
Fixing things is a kick in the pants...
What does it do with the moisture after it has sucked it out from beneath your basement?
Is it quiet? Mine makes a lot of noise and it seems like the fan runs all the time. I've been thinking about replacing it.
ours blew up because the builder had it set to run all the time. I guess there's a way to set it to a percentage--the new one is at 40% so hopefully it will last longer.
I think the moisture goes up the pipe-y thing...? Or maybe right into the plumbers wallet...like our money...?
Post a Comment